Thursday, March 26, 2009

This may be a bit sacriligious . . .

I am done with Alice Waters.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all she had done as the mother of the Eat Local and Slow Food movements in America. Her influence has reached the farthest, tiniest corners of the country and parts of the world. She is a powerful advocate for her cause. But I am just over her. It is all a bit too precious now. Maybe because I have been tuning in for a while, I am ready to tune out, I don't know. Preaching to the choir.

Noodles and the Anti-Ramen. I made it the other night and it was great. Easy, fast and tasty. I added sliced ginger, scallions and shallots and some left-over roasted chicken we had in the fridge. I also blanched some rappini and chopped that up for a bit of color and texture. Everyone is feeling a bit under the weather, so it was perfect.

Now, if we could just start getting some sun here, we will all be able to dry out. I know that postings here have been slim (sorry!) but I haven't been feeling inspired. Although I have rediscovered my crock-pot...

-S

No comments: