Thursday, October 16, 2008

Couscous, velcro, kleenex.


Hmm. Genericide. I wasn't aware of this problem. I mean, yes, I refer to all soft drinks as "Coke" and then get more specific, "Sprite please!". I am grateful for this moment of enlightenment, although I have to say, with the economy tanking, winter around the corner and a presidential election happening in a mere matter of weeks, I don't have any energy left to stand up against genericide. I hope that Mark will forgive me.

Sweet Almond Milk Couscous. I had a little extra time this afternoon, and decided that this would make a great after-school snack for my girls. I served it warm, minus the lemon zest. Huge hit. We all agreed that it would make a great breakfast dish too! Next time however I will add a bit less sugar, and a bit more rosewater.

-S

No comments: