Sunday, October 5, 2008

I am so sorry.

The swordfish recipe last week really threw me for a loop. I mean, I live one measly hour from the great Pacific Ocean, and it is really hard to find decent fish here. Yeah, yeah, I can get all the salmon and halibut I want. Crabs are easy to come by as well. But anything different and I have to go to the giant Asian grocery store an hour away with my cooler and schlep it home that way.

Ok. I will be honest. It is not just the swordfish that caught me off guard. It is life itself! My cooking time has diminished to toasting english muffins for breakfast and making sandwiches for school lunches. We don't even eat dinner! Not true, but my dinners have not been noteworthy.

I resolve to make more of an effort this week. I will not let presidential debates, a poor economy or the rain interfere with my need to cook. Check back soon.

-S

No comments: