Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday, November the 13th day of NaBloPoMo

I am not a supersticious person by nature, except that I think Friday the 13th is a lucky day, I like black cats and walk under ladders. And my Friday the 13th day of this adventure was indeed a lucky day. I was not expecting to have a late lunch with my Oregon sister and dear co-blogger and her daughter (thereby, technically, my Oregon niece).
And yet that is what I did. They surprised me at the end of my hair appointment - we had tofu fries and veggie rolls at a modern and sanitized version of a Thai-ish noodle bar in a nice open air Oregon mall where a disturbingly high number of stores have closed since last year. And then we had a bag of candy from a store I think will make it through this recession (because people will delay buying shoes, but candy is immediate therapy).
These two fabulous girls - these two! - they were my therapy, and between them and the candy and the insane weather (hail! sun! rain!), this was exactly the kind of day that erases all the grime of LA from me, and encompasses many of the reasons why I want to (will) live here.

And the rest of the day was spent sampling pinot noirs.

Not a bad way to spend a Friday 13th, is it?

No comments: